Previous this 12 months, we served up some superior vegan inspiration within the type of a podcast interview with Catherine Gill, writer of The Grimy Vegan weblog and The Grimy Vegan cookbook. And now, we’re delighted to dish out one in all Catherine’s tremendous tasty vegan dessert recipes — Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream Pie. As a result of, severely, there’s not anything in that recipe identify that we don’t already love.
However, one tip prior to you get began: Needless to say this can be a frozen dessert, so that you’ll want to plan forward should you’re making it for a selected instance. Making it the day prior to to provide it sufficient time to freeze isn’t a foul concept.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream Pie
Serving Measurement: eight
½ cup creamy peanut butter
¼ cup maple syrup
1 quart vegan vanilla ice cream, softened
1 ready graham cracker pie crust, Nine-inch dimension
½ cup and a couple of tablespoons peanuts, chopped
1 ripe (however company) banana, thinly sliced
½ cup vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 tablespoons vanilla vegan soy milk
1 tablespoon coconut oil
- In a big blending bowl, cream in combination peanut butter and maple syrup; mix with ice cream.
- Unfold part of ice cream aggregate frivolously in pie crust. Sprinkle an excellent layer of ¼ cup of the chopped peanuts on best of ice cream layer and organize banana slices frivolously over best of peanuts. Position in freezer whilst you are making chocolate ganache.
- To make chocolate ganache, soften chocolate chips, soy milk and coconut oil in combination in a small saucepan on low warmth, stirring incessantly. When smartly mixed, take away ganache from warmth and put aside.
- Take away pie from freezer and pour on a layer of part of the chocolate ganache; unfold final ice cream aggregate on best of that.
- Finally, sprinkle ¼ cup chopped peanuts and the closing of the chocolate ganache. Sprinkle with closing 2 tablespoons of chopped peanuts, quilt with lid (that accompanies ready pie crust) and freeze in a single day or till company.
Have you ever ever made an ice cream pie — vegan or now not? I used to make an apple and ice cream pie for Thanksgiving, however I’ve gotten out of the dependancy. Perhaps it’s time to revisit it … and most likely with a vegan twist! —Kristen